Friday, January 11, 2013

Wrapping Up

Now that I'm back in Hawaii, I have had some time to reflect about my time abroad in Korea.  I had an amazing time and I learned so much in just four short months.  I met great people, ate fantastic food, went to really cool places, and got to play in the snow!


Above all else, I miss my friends the most!  A lot of them were American but the others were from places all over  the world.  They taught me so much about the world and my view of our country has changed quite a bit.  Going to Korea gave me the opportunity to see the US as someone not from the US.  This experience has helped me understand who I am as a person, not only as a student but in general too.

As a student, my study habits have changed a bit.  I find that I get the most work done when my friends are all hanging out when I'm at the library.  If I have things to do, I get them done a lot faster and more efficiently because I want to go hang out with them.  As a person, I have become more independent and I really don't like driving anymore, especially here in Hawaii!  I have come to love public transportation and cannot wait until Hawaii gets a good system of its own.

This is me and my friends in the lobby of our international dorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment